Covid-19 Measures - Everything You Need To Know About Your Next Theatre Trip
We are delighted that the government has announced the lifting of remaining lockdown restrictions for theatres and concert halls from Monday 19 July, allowing us to reopen at full capacity.
The joy of coming to see a live performance is in sharing that experience with those around you, and we cannot wait for you to feel that buzz and excitement with us again soon.
We will continue to do our utmost to ensure that our audiences, visiting companies and staff can feel safe and confident when they return to the Theatre Royal & Royal Concert Hall.
Beyond 19 July, we will strongly encourage the continued use of face coverings inside our venues. People are still expected to continue to wear face coverings in busy public places, so this will be particularly important when audiences are moving around inside our venue or circulating in foyer spaces. Our staff will be wearing them, too.
We will follow all the latest government guidance and industry-wide See It Safely protocols, including enhanced cleaning, modified routes to avoid overcrowding, contactless ticketing, flexible booking, and improved ventilation. You can find out more about our current Covid-19 safety measures on our Frequently Asked Questions.
We will keep our website and social media @RoyalNottingham regularly updated with the latest government and public health information and advice, so that you can book your next theatre trip with confidence, whether it’s for today, tomorrow or a few months’ time.
We look forward to seeing you then.
The following measures will remain from 19 July:
- Wearing of face coverings will be strongly encouraged, especially while moving around inside the venue and circulating in foyer spaces
- Modified routes around the building to avoid overcrowding
- Enhanced cleaning
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Increased ventilation
- Contactless ticketing
- Flexible Booking Policy allowing an exchange or refund up to 24 hours before a performance if a ticket holder cannot attend due to Covid
- QR codes displayed for those wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app
- Recommendation that theatregoers keep belongings to a minimum and with them at all times
The following measures will cease from 19 July:
- Socially distanced auditorium seating
- Restrictions on booking party size and limitations to households or bubbles
- Temperature checks for theatregoers entering the venue
We have been granted the use of Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre’s ‘See It Safely’ mark. The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences.